Wednesday, May 18, 2005

If You Wanna Be Happy for the Rest of Your Life...

I used to work with this guy who is rather scrawny. Not thin, not skinny, scrawny. He was also moderately obnoxious, and would, on occasion, butt into conversations in which he was not wanted. One afternoon SuperHotFormerCoworker and myself were having a discussion on the attractiveness of various individuals, and how being physically attracted to someone is necessary in a romantic relationship. The aforementioned individual happened to be walking through our office at that exact moment and said something to the effect of, "I disagree. My wife isn't very attractive." And on and on and on. The funny thing is, I don't recall asking his opinion. I also wasn't sure I believed that he was speaking accurately. So, I did what any girl would do, I asked to see a picture. Turns out, he might have been being generous when he said she wasn't very attractive. One might say she is rather unattractive. Ok, ok, the woman is ugly. As I looked at the picture trying to regain control enough of the laughter that was boiling up inside I finally did what any girl would do and said simply, "Oh, she's cute." Then I handed the photo back and hoped that he would leave post haste. He did. SuperHotFormerCoworker then asked me the burning question, "So, is she really cute?" "No." I don't know what I should have said, but I'm sure ObnoxiousScrawnyBoy knew that I was lying. What would you have done? I mean, really. The guy knew his wife was less than attractive, if I were a guy maybe I could have said, "You're right, man, she's a dog." But, as a woman I felt the need to say something inoffensive and complimentary. So, basically, I'm a liar and a jerk. Oh well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home