Friday, May 13, 2005

Why Do I Care?

Today we had a mandatory meeting at work. The conference room has rows of tables and chairs. I was sitting on the fourth row, RayOfSunshine was diagonally in front of me on row 3, and MyBoss was in front of him in row 2. RayOfSunshine and I were joking around about something and he did the mock I'm-flipping-you-off flip off. You know the one, the flipper makes a harsh gesture stopping just short of giving the flipee the finger. I said, "No, it looks more like this:" and casually gave him the bird. Which, frankly wouldn't have been that big of a deal, except MyBoss happened to have turned around at that exact moment, and "caught" me doing so. He looked a bit shocked, and smirked at me. I turned about three shades of pink -- rather surprising, since (a) I don't blush; and (2) it shouldn't have been all that embarrassing -- and tried to hide behind my stenopad. Yeah. Failed there. We all three laughed, and MyBoss just kind of shrugged as if to say, "Meh. Whatever, Granola."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home