Thursday, May 12, 2005

Flirt or Friendly

There is this guy on the team at work. He's nice, friendly, tall, and attractive. He's also married. Very, very, married. Now, I'm not one to borrow husbands, and have absolutely no interest in him because of that fact. However, I can't decide if he is being friendly or flirtatious, and I don't know how to deal with that. Sadly, there are no other girls on the team for me to watch his interaction with them and judge from there.

On Monday we ('we' the team, not 'we' he and I) went to lunch at the food court at the mall. We (the team) eat lunch together every day, so this wasn't out of the ordinary. However, we generally eat in the food court at work, where there happens to be a rather robust salad bar that I frequent. At the mall, however, there is no such salad bar, thus my options were rather limited. I ended up getting Subway. As did he. That whole exchange was rather odd. We all walked up, and kind of paused in front of the Subway as we surveyed our options. Everyone else wandered off to stand in line at their chosen fast food establishment. I, on the other hand, just kind of merged in line where we were. I turned to him and made some joke about how maybe he should pick what he wanted to eat. Then, I made disparaging comments about most of the restaurants around us. He smiled down at me, in a mildly flirtatious manner, and said, "Plus, the company is good here." I laughed. What else could I do? I have really no clue how to figure out what is going on. I certainly don't want to ask him straight out -- how awkward would that be -- and, I don't want to go to our boss and express my concerns, because is that really something worth "tattling" about? It's not like he's making advances, just quick moments of potentially flirtatious comments.

Anyway, I have no clue how to resolve this one, or figure it out. Which is super frustrating to me, because I am a wonderful flirt, and can usually determine quickly if what I think is going on is, in deed, going on. My hands are tied, and I'm stumped. Suggestions and thoughts are more than welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home