Thursday, December 15, 2005

Otraves

Well, as it all works out, InternetCompany was supposed to call me back on Monday or Tuesday. I figured I'd give them to Wednesday before I expected to hear back. As it turns out, they waited until a week from that Monday to call me back (for those of you who are afraid of mental calculations that means: I interviewed on the 2nd, were supposed to call me back on the 5th, and didn't until the 12th.) Never fear, though, because they wanted to conduct another phone interview with me. We made an appointment for me to talk with a man with a nice Western-sounding name on Wednesday. This is notable because the first person I talked to with them was a very nice French man who (thankfully!) understood that his accent might make it a bit difficult to understand him sometimes. Despite his instructions that, "If you need me to repeat something just ask, and it's not a problem" I found myself feeling bad when I had to ask him to do just that.

Aside: When I interviewed with the EvilEmpire one of the people I interviewed with had a thick accent and was highly insulted when I asked her to repeat herself. It's that interview that guaranteed I wouldn't get the job. Which turned out to be a good thing, because I think I really liked my job at BigNameCompany much more than I would have liked a job with the EvilEmpire. Now, back to our regularly scheduled blog:

So, I was a bit surprised and more than a little leary when I received a confirmation email of my interview which also contained a note, "You will be interviewing with <some non-English name that actually contained a hyphen> instead of <original dude I was suppose to interview with>." Now, I'd like to say that I didn't panic, but it's simply not true. I was convinced that the woman I would be interviewing with would make it a horrific experience much akin to the above mentioned experience with the EvilEmpire. Thus, imagine my relief when Wednesday I picked up the phone to hear a nice young man who sounded like his parents were immigrants.

Oh, and I nailed that interview as well. I should be hearing back from them by the 23rd or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home