Thursday, November 02, 2006

Church News

I was chilling at home this evening when my phone rang, "Good evening?" I answered the unknown caller.

"Granola? This is the wife of the Second Counselor [in the Bishopric]."

"Oh, hi! What can I do for you?"

"I was just reading the Church News today and was wondering if this person in here could possibly be related to you?"

"Probably. Is it the new Temple President?"

"Yes!"

"Yeah, that's my Uncle. My father's brother." (Incidentally, this is the same Uncle that I visited in Israel)

"Your uncle? I just got goosebumps as I read it and wondered if you knew him."

"Yeah, he's a great guy! It's a wonderful opportunity for them."

She signed off shortly thereafter, but was really excited to find out that it was, in fact, a relative of mine. I'm sure we'll talk about it more on Sunday. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home