Friday, November 03, 2006

First Date

I was sitting at work this morning, minding my own business when my cell phone rang, it was Musician. He was inviting me to a political discussion tonight that was being hosted by a friend of a friend. He isn't supposed to be driving, and asked if I would be willing. Well, I would be willing, but I currently have no vehicle. Anyway, we worked it out that he would drive to my place, then I would drive into Seattle and back, and then he would drive himself the rest of the way home. Deal.

Later in the afternoon (around 4:30) he called to ask if I wanted to do dinner before hand. I was all for that.

At 6:45 he called to tell me that traffic was horrible, and that he would be by my place in 10 minutes (bringing him in 25 minutes late). Then, he decided to call the host to double check the start time, tragically, she said it was 7 rather than the 8 he had written down. We decided to grab some grub from the neighborhood grocery store and eat it there (since it was at someone's apartment).

We did, then at 8:45 my pager went off, and I couldn't connect to her wireless network, so I had to ask Musician to take me to the office so I could work. He offered instead that I could take his car and we'd work out picking him up, etc, when things were over.

I went to the office and finally left near 10:30. garrr

As I was driving up the hill to pick him up, Musician called me. They were finished and someone was bringing him to my office. I explained that I was right there, and would pick him up. Perfect.

We drove to my place where we proceeded to sit in the car and talk until 12. We would have remained longer, but I still had work which needed to be done. And now that that is finished, and it's really 1:15 am the next day, I shall retire.

Quick summary:
Yeah, I could like him. We'll see what happens.

Oh, and no good night hug. Can't really fault him, he did just have surgery on his tummy region.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home