Wednesday, May 09, 2007

ControlFreak

One of my coworkers has taken it upon himself to clean up the team wikis. This wouldn't be a problem, except he's deleting references to legacy wiki's that we need. In addition to deleting helpful stuff, he's trying to reorganize the alphabetical index. Um... it's alphabetical, dude.

Finally today Hippie and I were making fun of/complaining about him to each other and I decided this called for dramatic action.

So, I sent an email. Essentially it said, "Hey, we can't go changing the wiki 'cause one person likes it one way. Why don't you make your own index and leave the alphabetical one ALONE!"

He replied saying he was just cleaning stuff up, and maybe we should discuss it in 'the meeting.'

Um, what meeting? Yeah, that's right, he scheduled a one hour meeting to discuss the organization of the wiki. Rid-i-cu-lous.

I told him that an hour was probably more than sufficient, and let's cut it down to 30 minutes. Thankfully he agreed.

Tragically, Hippie is back home in the UK so she can't help me out on this one. Wahh!

Oh, and did I mention that our friendly neighborhood ControlFreak isn't even a manager? That's right, kids, he's a lowly peon like the rest of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home