Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Disgust

Some people want to be your friend because they genuinely like you. Some people want to be your friend because you have something they want. Other people want to be your friend because they feel the need to have everyone like them.

I used to hang around with a guy who falls squarely in the latter category. Only, in addition to needing everyone to like him, he also needs everyone to think that he's their best friend. This may sound more than a little familiar. I have previously called him "Network," and that's not going to change anytime soon.

Many moons ago (before I became too disgusted with his incessant need to be everything to everyone) we added each other on MySpace. I haven't deleted him from my friends, though perhaps I should. That's not the point. The point is: he has a post up today for a "PARTY AT THE PLAY BOY MANSION!!!" This truly disgusts me. He purports to be this pillar of society and, here he is, proclaiming that everyone should attend this party at the Playboy Mansion—a place that represents much of what is reprehensible in society. I'm quite angered with him. This far surpasses annoyed.

<Make disgusted sound here>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home