Saturday, May 31, 2008

Nothing Ugly

"I think if I got a henna I'd have it right here," she said, indicating a spot on her shoulder blade.

"What would you get?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing ugly!" I, understandably, asked her to elaborate, indicating that one person's ugly isn't necessarily someone else's. "Oh, you know, like a skull and cross bones, or something."

"Ah," I said, "well, I have a skull tattoo on my shoulder." We laughed as I casually took a drink from my water bottle. As I was replacing the cap I noticed the skull and crossbones on my splash guard. "Actually, it looks just like this!" I said, turning my water bottle her way, so that she could see the image printed there.



We laughed at her embarrassment. "Who would have thought you would have a skull on your water bottle!" she laughed.

"Well, um, since I have skulls on my shirt, it's not that far fetched." We continued laughing. The guy that was with us laughed along.

"Ok, well, what I really meant was spikes! and ugly things like that!!" she declared, trying to salvage the situation.

"Oh, you mean like on my belt?" I said, showing her the studded belt I happened to be wearing.

I think she wanted to crawl under a rock and die. We all laughed, during which I reassured her that I wasn't offended, and I knew what she meant.

"You know, you were really right!" she managed through laughter and tears, "one man's junk is another man's treasure!"

Fortunately for her, she stopped saying things she found ugly and wouldn't put on herself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home