Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Glowing

The drive home was a long 13 hours. At about hour seven Bill called go vent about something. Near the end of the conversation he asked when I was getting home. I told him and he suggested I go atop by and hang out. We had both been suffering withdrawals, so I wasn't remotely surprised at the suggestion.

6 hours later I got home, cleaned up, and headed over. He came to the door and were both so excited to see each other that we nearly exchanged a hello hug (our hugs are usually strictly farewells).

He was grinning from ear to ear.

So was I, apparently.

"Wow!" he exclaimed, "you're glowing!"

"Am I? Nah, I think they call that a sunburn."

"Nope, you look good."

"Well, thanks."

Later, we were talking about someone telling me that I look good. I told him that it was good to hear that sort of validation from someone. "I've told you that you are looking good," Bill offered.

"No, you haven't," I informed him.

"I haven't? Well, you're looking better—more healthy and stuff."

I smiled and thanked him. It is good to hear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home