Friday, November 10, 2006

Email Buddies

Wow. Loads of things have been going on. Ironically enough, I've been home almost every night. Why have I not written? Nothing really seemed all that noteworthy. Here's something fun, though: On Tuesday I sent Musician an email about something totally benign (and, actually as part of a group email). He replied with an equally non-committal email, which necessitated a reply from me, then one from him. Finally, on Thursday I was sitting in a conference room waiting for an interview candidate to call me (more on this in the next post) and while wasting time sent him (Musician) yet another email. This time, however, I included a question at they very end that I knew was sure to get a well thought out reply. Thursday night as I was just about to hit the hay I decided to check my email. I had a nice little (ok, long) reply (as anticipated) waiting for me. What I didn't expect, however, was his sign off, "What do you think?" Crap! Did he want my review of his opinion, or my opinion on the matter?

Naturally, I put off replying. Today while I was busy getting absolutely no work done I sent him an equally long reply, sure to include a brief comment on his proposition, as well as my counter suggestion.

This evening I was not disappointed to see a reply from him. I was also very pleased to see that in two places (once very early on, and the second at the very end) he mentioned that he'd like to get together and have these discussions in person. I'm glad he's enjoying himself. I am, too.

I was contemplating writing him a response, but because it is really 2:54 am Saturday morning, I think I'll wait for a few more hours so that he doesn't think that I sit up at nights composing emails to boys.

Hey, you! I know what you're thinking, and it's not like that, not at all! I have a good reason for still being up at this hour!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home