Friday, November 10, 2006

Ice Skating, Dinner, Movie

I have long maintained that I am good at everything I do because if I'm not good at it, I don't do it. (It's true, Mumsy, huh?)

Tonight, however, I made an exception. I went ice skating. I had never done it before, and I think it will take me a number of tries before I'm any good at it. Which means, I may never do it again.

After ice skating we went to dinner.

Then to Lurch's house for a movie.

The movie wasn't that bad. Near the end one of the main characters decides that killing himself would be a really good option. That didn't bother me too much, however, when they showed him in the hospital with the wraps around his wrists I had to get up and leave. All I could think about was ExOfNote and how his brother told me that he had to be restrained when they took him into the hospital. At first I tried to just sit there and pretend it didn't effect me, but ultimately I had to walk out.

After the movie was over one of the guys (we shall call him Network, since he's all about networking...) asked how I liked it. I responded, "Next time warn me if there's suicide in a movie, ok?"

I was content to leave it at that until someone asked, "So, Granola, why do you have problems with suicide in movies?"

"My ex tried to kill himself. I guess he thought it would be a great solution to life's little problems."

The conversation continued briefly, then there was silence. MapGuy finally took up where I was "Um, yeah"-ing, and said, "Yeah, that's kind of a conversation stopper right there. Nowhere to really go..."

"True. Well, that's life!" I added. We eventually moved on, but in that moment I shared with a lot of people something I try to keep inside.

I guess they're right, I don't think it ever will completely stop haunting me. Oh, how I wish.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will probably never forget the feeling of betrayal of his attempted suicide. You will eventually no longer be haunted by it, and I pray you will not carry the anger that replaces the hurt that has permeated my life. lmL

November 12, 2006 8:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home