Sunday, November 12, 2006

Nerd!

Friday night the ward went ice skating. Loads of fun! I actually went out on the ice, and made 1 1/2 laps around the ice. After that we decided to go grab a bite to eat (I know, I know, SHOCKING). As we were sitting there talking and joking around I expressed my need to check my email. The question was posed, "How often do you check your email?" Answer: it's always open. This lead to a natural discussion of the superiority of FireFox over Internet Explorer (tabs), and the problem with IE7 (which has tabs, and glaring security holes). Then, the conversation came back full circle to my email problem. Someone asked how long it had been since I last checked my email, "5 and a half hours, or so." I said before glancing at my clock. I was completely horrified to discover I was off by only 5 or 10 minutes. I made the mistake of hanging my head in shame and announcing that I was pretty close to spot-on. Lurch laughed, "No!" he exclaimed harking back to an ongoing argument, "You're not a geek. You're a nerd! You know exactly how long it's been since you last checked your email. Nerd!" I can't let him be right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home