Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Backbone

I decided that I would ask TreeHugger out on a date for this weekend. Yes, kids, that's right, Granola is stepping out and making the first move. I don't mind asking out people I already know, or reciprocating with a second date, but the first date I have long had trouble initiating. So, you should be proud, very proud, that I've decided to do this.

I happened to have a phone number which I was guaranteed either belonged to (a) him, or (2) someone who would know him. After I finally came up with something to do (Olympic Sculpture Garden and dinner) I gave the number a try.

Not his. Undoubtedly his roommate's. I listened to the message, then hung up. An hour later I checked my phone and noticed that he had called back. I waited a bit before dialing the number anew. This time, I was determined I would leave a message if he didn't answer. He didn't. I left a message briefly introducing myself and asking for the number, 'Hi, this is Granola from church. I was looking for Tree's number and wondered if you could get it to me? You can reach me at 555-867-5309.'

He hasn't called back. Sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home