Thursday, May 17, 2007

Coming Out of the Closet

No, not that closet. Sheesh. Don't you know me at all?

I have this conundrum: I'm going with my parents to a family reunion next weekend. Fun times! I'm excited and looking forward to it. The only problem? We're staying with an uncle and aunt who wait for it.... don't know I'm vegan. I haven't figured out how I'm going to drop that bomb. I mean, I promised myself years ago that I wouldn't be one of those vegans, and yet, I think I am, slowly, bit by bit, piece by piece.

I never wanted to be the one who expected others to (drastically) change their menu just because I was going to be eating. However, I find myself annoyed that people don't seem to care enough to plan just a little bit. Next weekend, however, is going to prove rather interesting. I mean, how can I not offend? If I show up and say, "By the by, Aunty, I don't eat meat. Or dairy." How can I not offend? Another possibility would be to show up and just not eat the things with meat or milk in them... but then I'm pretty much starving. Not that I couldn't use a little starvation, but, yeah.

If you have any brilliant suggestions I'd more than love to hear them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home