Wednesday, June 01, 2005

My (Secret) Boyfriends Are Back

Tuesday morning as I was leaving for work I noticed a rather distinctive SUV parked across the street from me. If I wasn't mistaken, that SUV belonged to none other than SurferBoy. I was rather surprised, since I was told he had moved home to California, for good. As I pulled away I glanced at the license plate in my rear-view mirror, sure enough: California. Well, I reasoned, perhaps he came out to visit his old roommates for the holiday and would be leaving during the day.

When I got home from work the same SUV was parked across the street, but it had been cleaned. Hmm... I then talked myself into believing that it was not SurferBoy. No way could it be. He was done with Provo.

Later that night I had to go up to campus to do some homework. As I walked towards my van I glanced at the house across the street (where SurferBoy lived) and noticed that he was sitting on the steps. I'm convinced he didn't see me notice him because all I saw of him was the top of his head (red hair -- kind of noticeable). So, I kept walking, opened my car door, and just as I was about to get in I heard, "Hey!"

I turned and looked, and there, waving back at me, was not only SurferBoy, but Jude Law's long lost brother (TheModel). I walked over to talk to them. We sat around shooting the breeze for an hour. Mostly we talked about why they came back, and how good it was to see each other.

The funny thing about TheModel is how we never really got to know each other, but still felt like we knew each other anyway. The first time we really talked we spent an hour or two just talking. We talked about everything and nothing. Occasionally, when we'd see each other, we'd talk some more, but we didn't really spend much time together. We always flirted when we saw each other.

The day he left for California I happened to be headed somewhere and I stopped him to ask what he was up to. We talked for a bit, said our good byes, and hugged farewell. It was a great hug. Oh, and he smelled divine (Diesel: Masculine, in case you care). When we hung out last night we hugged goodbye again. I think I could get used to hugging him. Actually, this gives me an evil idea -- at work we frequently talk about having a team activity outside of work. I assume such activities will involve spouses and families. I'm not planning on showing up alone, so, I think I shall invite TheModel to go with me. I don't know if I like him more than SurferBoy, but, well, I think he'd be more game for it.

The great thing about those boys is we all know I don't have a snowball's chance with them, and we're perfectly ok just flirting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home