Saturday, January 28, 2006

Lies?

On Tuesday when my boss asked me to stay at ConsultingShop rather than go to InternetCompany he mentioned that our client was allotting a bigger budget towards our project. He used that sort of as a carrot — insinuating that they would pay me more, naturally.

Friday my coworker who also worked with me at BigNameCompany got called into the bosses office and "let go". He has two more weeks there. The reason? Our client cut the budget they were putting towards our project. Which is true? I'm not really sure.

My friend at work (who happens to be the team coordinator) and I were talking. Our boss had pulled him into the office right after he "let" the other guy "go". Apparently, he was told that the budget was cut, as well; and ConsultingShop could now afford only 2 and a half people rather than 4 and a half (yes, seems one of our guys counts as a "half". Sucks to be him.).

Which brings me to the point: had I stayed at ConsultingShop I would have asked for a greater salary (one of the many appeals of InternetCompany), and then when one or more of the guys were "let go" I would have felt solely responsible. Thank goodness I didn't stay! I don't think I could handle that on my head.

Also, my friend told me that our boss had talked to him about me before he asked me to stay. My friend told our boss that (in his opinion) I am the most valuable tester on the team (hence the request to stay). That's a fair statement. I am the best one on the team. I hate my job, but I do it well. When I'm not playing minesweeper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home